11.02.2009

Ocktoberfest '09

All month long has been non-stop Halloween parties, Halloween chili cook-off, decorations, school parties, carving pumpkins, costumes, and lots, lots more.
And I've loved it all.
Today is November 2nd - Today I can’t stand Halloween.
I’m putting it all away as fast as I can.
It will take another 11 months to bring the love back. It will come back.
October is always big for us.
Lauren’s birthday started out our month.

We had a “girl birthday party”…but somehow a bunch of cute, shy boys showed up….hmmmmm

Brett turned fourteen. I have a fourteen year old...did you hear that? fourteen! My own youthful indiscretions are still too fresh on my mind to have a teenage son.

For Brett's birthday this year we took a bunch of rowdy boys to the Haunted Forest. Teenage boys act really tough, but I saw a few pale faces as we stood in line. I think a couple of the boys would have preferred to just stay home and play Twister.

The first annual Neves pumpkin carving contest was a success.

Jared and Amber threw the gantlet down. The competition was fierce.

Will cheated and got an early start…we should’ve won, but at the last minute Will pulled off an upset.

I think he bribed my Grandpa with the promise to listen to his life story. But what’s a family party without competition and controversy.

My birthday was a blur. Literally. Dean put Kal in charge of taking pictures...gee thanks.

I even got a traditional candyposter the day before the biggest candy day of the year.

Then the big day came.

Brett was an eighties rock-star. I kept wondering if he was doing obscene gestures with his hands. He is too naïve to know, and thankfully so am I.

Lauren was the Corpse Bride. A good look for her.

Wade was ‘ol Captain Hook. It takes a confident nine year old to wear velvet and tights.

River was a mermaid. As I was putting on her make-up she said “finally I look like a woman…” Thank goodness Dean wasn’t there to hear that.

Kal was Peter Pan. And again…who needs masculine and gore, when you have a little boy willing to wear tights.

Quincy was an un-cooperative Tinkerbelle fairy.

At the last minute I dressed up as a suicide bomber. Not my best year.

Cousin Luke won my best costume award for Jack Skeleton.

A close second was Brooke as the Octomom.

River and Kal with cousins Maddie, Lox and Sophie.

Lauren with cousins. Indy is "Lady Gaga" and Hallie is a punk-rock chick with an attitude.


More cousin pictures. Little Gracie looks a little ticked off.

Will & Kim. Will without his usual mask and chainsaw, and squirting blood.
The kids were safe.

Rex Kwando's pants and Jake doing a roundoff kick to the face.


Throw in a little crying, fighting, and complaints of stomach aches and there you have it.
It's all over and I couldn't be happier.
And if I hear someone claiming to have their Christmas shopping done already I will kill them.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

All of the costumes were so cute! especially yours. Dont look at my latest FB post!

Amie said...

Hil. did I read your post right? You, Hil, ready for Halloween to be over? Something must seriously be wring with the world. I never thought I would hear something like that come out of your mouth.

On a side note. The kids looked great all dressed up as always and your picture in now on the FBI's most wanted list. Good job!

MY HELPLESS TEENAGE DAUGHTER

(a two minute video of the girl who needs to be everything)       So far my hobby has been micro-managing my kids and as rewardi...