4.29.2010

Canyon (something) Roberts

We are busy trying to name our new little guy.
I am looking forward to blogging about the last couple of days.
Although every time I sit down at the computer, the poem below repeats in my mind.   




Just a few days after Brett was born my mom gave me this poem on blue paper.

I have loved it ever since...



Day Old Child by Carol Lynn Pearson

My day old child lay in my arms,

With my lips against his ear.

I whispered strongly, "How I wish--

I wish that you could hear,


"I've a hundred wonderful things to say,

(a tiny cough and a nod),

hurry, hurry, hurry and grow

So I can tell you about God."


My day-old baby's mouth was still

And my words only tickled his ear,

But a kind of light passed through his eyes,

And I saw this thought appear:


"How I wish I had a voice and words,

I've a hundred things to say.

Before I forget, I'd tell you of God --

I left Him yesterday."

7 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Hilary! This is Anne Turnbow Tew, I saw you at Target a couple of months ago. CONGRATULATIONS on your new little guy! He is so sweet. You are such a good mom, I love your blog and your cute family! I hope that you are feeling good and everyone is adjusting to your new little addition. =O]

Roberts said...

Love the poem how sweet. He is adorable and I can't wait to see him.

katiebreck said...

I love love love this!
And I love you! I miss you, Hil!
Congrats on the new little guy! You have such a gorgeous family!

Allyson said...

awww I love it too!

carrie said...

Congratulations! I love that picture of you with him - so sweet. And that poem totally gave me goose bumps. I love the name Canyon!

Maria said...

I LOVE that poem. It makes me cry every time I read it. It was hanging in the nursing room of our church in Tucson (I guess to make you forget that you were sitting in a stinky, hot room.) Congrats on the new baby. You are an amazing person.

Merrie said...

HOLY COW HILARY! I don't have time to cry today. You guys are so awesome!

MY HELPLESS TEENAGE DAUGHTER

(a two minute video of the girl who needs to be everything)       So far my hobby has been micro-managing my kids and as rewardi...