5.29.2009

Tears of Joy

Today is the last day of school for my kids.
Today makes me a little bit happy, and a little bit sad.
Today is as bittersweet, as the first day of school.
Today I saw my kids’ teachers crying as they waved goodbye.
Today I saw my kids dump a years worth of schoolwork
on my counter and ask..."now what Mom?"
Today I reclaim my children…full time.
gulp.
Tears of joy?
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The traditional last day bike ride to school
Brett and Austin at 7:00 am (5.2 miles)


Lauren and friends at 8:00 am (3.5 miles)


Wade River and Kal at 12:30 pm

3 comments:

Randi said...

I love your writing! You have a knack for summing up so many of the same feelings I have, but in a much more eloquent way. Yes, today is bittersweet, a relief, overwhelming, and a little bit scary (you mean to tell me I am stuck with these kids 24/7 now?)! Let's plan to meet up sometime and let the kids play and run out some energy. Now...what to do with the other 90+ days until school begins...?

Allyson said...

thats funny that your kids ride their bikes to school on the last day. Wyatt did too. I cant remember if i did or not. we need to plan a day date with the kids. Ivie would love to play.

Amie said...

So what is the plan for this summer? Can I be involved. I need Kal and Quincey to love me like Wade and River do!!

MY HELPLESS TEENAGE DAUGHTER

(a two minute video of the girl who needs to be everything)       So far my hobby has been micro-managing my kids and as rewardi...