2.27.2009

Where's the love?


The other day I was reading this article about the trend of mommy blogging.
The article tries to explain the phenomenon.
While reading about it, I wondered why I spend some of my spare time blogging.
I came up with several reasons.
One, is because it connects me with an outside world of other women who are very much like me. Two, it's fun, Three, peer pressure...etc.
I guess I really don't know my motivation.
In the meantime...
If you like Seriously So Blessed Then you may just like this blog...
Why Mormon Girls Stay Single;
Sometimes the humor and cynicism is so spot-on that it's kind of funny.
However, other times some of the posts make me so mad that I feel like writing
a scathing e-mail to the chauvinist pig who writes the thing.
But I think that’s exactly what he would want.
Although; whoever writes the blog should be applauded for bravery for actually
putting such words together on a screen.(start at mistake #1)
Just some interesting weekend reading for you.

2 comments:

Laraine H. said...

Ok Hil,
I can't believe the entertainment Im finding in the Why Mormom Girls Dont Get Married Blog? Good reads, makes me want to go back and try out all the ridiculous pick-ups and live in a dating world when texting actually exists (NOT)

Ali said...

OK - I just spent an hour reading this good stuff - sad thing is I know several girls that probably make these "mistakes" without knowing it. (Do you think they already know about this - OR is there a tactful way I can refer them there to laugh AND to learn.) Oh and btw - I probably made "SOME" mistakes in my dating days??? Do you think? ha ha

MY HELPLESS TEENAGE DAUGHTER

(a two minute video of the girl who needs to be everything)       So far my hobby has been micro-managing my kids and as rewardi...