seven years ago

Remembering September 11th 2001


9-11-01 / 8: 15 am - It was a beautiful morning, I had just served
Brett breakfast, getting him ready to catch the bus to go to Kindergarten.
Baby Wade had fallen back to sleep in my bed after I nursed him.
Lauren was still asleep in her bottom bunk, and Dean had already left
for work at Seven Trees. The house was quiet,
I made myself some toast and then walked into the living room,
sat down on the couch and turned on the TV ....

Where were you that day?

Comments

Randi said…
I was 5 months pregnant with Carter and working at WSU in the financial aid office. I woke up to some radio announcer on my alarm clock saying "if you haven't yet, you need to turn on your tv!". So, curious, I clicked it on and was confused, shocked, terrified! By the time I woke up the first tower had already fell. I really didn't have complete grasp of it all until I arrived at work to find our office all but shut down and everyone packed in the conference room watching the tv. I vividly recall the paranoia of that day; not knowing what was next, how far these terrorists were going to take it, etc. They even sent us home from work early because there was mention that all public buildings across the US were targeted and that car bombs had been planted in public bldgs. all across the US. That was not true of course, but it gives you an idea of how paranoid we all were, esp working in a university. I remember driving home and wondering what kind of a world I was bringing my baby into, but when I got home the first thing I did was put out our American flag and for some reason, and it sounds totally corny, that made me feel a little better. It's a day I will never forget, none of us will.
Randi said…
Oh, I also remember Hill Air Force Base running F16's over Ogden ALL NIGHT long that night. That never happened and it was pretty eerie!

Popular Posts